Monday, May 09, 2011

Managing infrastructures in the cloud, with lessons learned the hard way

Here is a collection of blog posts I wrote over the last 3 years or so. Some of them are practical step-by-step tutorials on using various tools for managing cloud instances, while others talk about lessons learned the hard way, by deploying large-scale infrastructures in the cloud. I am aggregating them here for ease of future reference:

Lessons learned
Working with EC2-specific tools
Load balancing (ELB and HAProxy)

1 comment:

Amelia@ IT Management said...

Hi Grig,

You have great posts here. I like the "Using libcloud to manage instances across multiple cloud providers" article.

I've been experimenting with libcloud for several months now. I've been trying to incorporate some of my systems with it.

Managing cloud infrastructures and other related platforms such as license management, software metering, IT inventory, and the likes is not an easy thing to do.

For me, I also learn how to properly manage all of them the hard way. And it was a great experience.

Modifying EC2 security groups via AWS Lambda functions

One task that comes up again and again is adding, removing or updating source CIDR blocks in various security groups in an EC2 infrastructur...